Saturday 19 November 2011

How will the story be made?



I asked a Potter ;“ How will you make a story?”
He smiled gently , thought for a while and replied” I will knead all the ingredients of a story with water and sweat so that they become soft and palpable ..then I will put it on the potters wheel and while I will use my feet to run the wheel I will use my hands to mould it into an admirable shape”

I asked a Wayfarer; “ How will you make a story?
He smiled gently, thought for a while and replied” I will never be able to make a story by my self. Rather I will find it on my way to a distant shrine , taking nap under an old tree, where many birds had made nests .I think I will find it twittering with the newborns in the nest.”

I asked a Soothsayer; “ How will you make a story?”
He smiled gently, thought for a while and replied” I will be able to see it in a crystal ball traveling alone to an unknown destination which even I cannot predict. I will only be able to watch it as it treads.”

I asked a Scientist “ How will you make a story?”
He smiled gently , thought for a while and replied” I will discover it under my microscope, will  research and make a hypothesis out of it. I will make deductions and inductions and will publish it. Then it will not be story, but a proven fact.”

I asked a Teacher “ How will you make a story?”
He smiled gently, thought for a while and replied” I will extract it from the stories I read and will read it to my pupils in my free time”

I asked an Artist “ How will you make a story?”
He smiled gently, thought for a while and replied” I will compose , design and sketch it on my canvas and will eagerly paint it using  the best of my brushes the color sense .”

I asked an Actor“ How will you make a story?”
He smiled gently, thought for a while and replied ”I won’t have to write it I will copy it from the Potter,  the Wayfarer, the Soothsayer, the Scientist, the Teacher and the  Artist”

I asked a Writer ““ How will you make a story?”
He didn’t smile but made a sad face and began looking into the space , When I insisted , he looked at my face thoughtfully and said “ I will become an Actor.and the story comes to me” And he smiled gently.


SW



 

No comments:

Post a Comment